New Hazlett Theater
6 Allegheny Square East
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
ph. 412) 320-4610
The Hazlett Theater, located at 6 Allegheny Square in the Allegheny Center area of the Northside, was built in 1889 as the Carnegie Musical Hall and was dedicated by President Benjamin Harrison. The Theater is part of a historic landmark, designed in a Richardson Romanesque style, which also houses one of the first Carnegie Free Libraries in the country.
In 1967, community activism prevented the demolition of the building and funds were secured for a renovation of the theater space, featuring a flexible stage and intimate audience chamber with movable scaffold seating.
The Hazlett Theater was re-named in 1980 in honor of Mr
This page is maintained by Ben Opie |